2017 ALA National Conference
The 2017 ALA National Conference is going to be full of great information and insights into our game for everyone: coaches, officials and club officials & volunteers.
GET YOUR TICKETS HERE!
Here is a taste of those presenting and what they'll be sharing:
- Andrew has been involved in lacrosse for over 40 years at all levels.
- He has been a sales and marketing professional for 20 years.
- He currently works in a member organisation where the member and their needs are the number 1 priority.
Marketing your Club - Do you leave a good first impression?
Prospective members, parents, children walk into your club for the first time. What do they see and how are they treated? In this session we will explore what is your club "brand" both internally and externally. We all work hard to attract new club members - learn how not to lose them on their first visit or interaction with other club members.
- All World Goalkeeper 1984/1990
- Assistant Coach Australian Men's 2006, 2014 & Women’s 2009.
Preparing your Goalkeeper
Preparing a Goalkeeper. What it takes to be a very good keeper. Stance, footwork, position in the cage. Will go through warm up and drills to help with all things goalkeeping for both Men and Women.
- ALA Growth Coordinator
- Senior Coach Williamstown Lacrosse Club
- Head Coach German Women's National Team 2009-2013
- Worked with English Lacrosse from 2000-2005 in Development, Coach Education and Child Protection
Quick Stix is a free flowing, modified form of lacrosse for kids to start learning the game.
It focuses on the three basic lacrosse skills: scooping, catching and throwing. From this starting point, kids can move onto team play and game rules. In other words, kids learn to love the sport before they take on its technicalities.
It is for boys and girls aged 5-12.
It is easy to learn and teach, and super fun to play.
Kids can use slightly different techniques (for different skill levels) to play the game.
- Current General Manager of Lacrosse Victoria
Learning from the trial of Quick Stix. How Quick Stix will be rolled out to each participating club
- Tim is a Clinical Psychologist
- He has a particular interest in health, wellbeing and behavioural change.
Enhance an athletes Wellbeing and Performance
Tim is currently piloting a program using evidence based applied psychological techniques in sports coaching and athlete education aimed at enhancing wellbeing and performance of athletes. Within the workshop Tim will briefly outline the key principles of the program then take participants through several fun and thought provoking activities to assist workshop participants get a taste of the program and tools to take away as a coach, player or official.
- Current Assistant Coach of the Australian Women's Lacrosse team
- Extensive coaching background at both State and National level
- Head Coach of the 2016 Victorian Team (National Champions)
- Head Coach 2003 U19 Australian Team (Silver Medallists).
- Player in three Australian World Cup teams in 2001, 2005 and 2009, and was an alternate in 1997.
Modern Defensive Tactics and Skills
Take a look at the mechanics of a range of defensive styles - 1 to 1, Backer and Zone D as well as defensive transition options including the Zone Ride. What will work for your team, what skills your players need, and how to implement!
- State League player 1980-1997 (5 Premierships)
- Victorian Senior Men's Team Player 86/88/89/91/92 (4 National Titles)
- Australian Player 1983/85/88/89/90 Worlds
- State League Coach 2008/09/10/11/12/13/15/16/17
- Victorian Senior Co-Coach 2007/08/09/10/11 (5 National Titles)
- Australian Senior Head Coach 2011 – Current
How vision can teach
This session will show how game footage and where you film from can take you to another level as a coach. A slightly interactive session with film from the Senior Men's Japan March tour 2014 and the Denver 2014 Worlds that will show how the Australian coaching staff used game film to both learn and teach.
A terrific session to show top level lacrosse broken down on film and what we need to be teaching our kids to work on to play elite level lacrosse.
- Director of Coaching - Australian Lacrosse Association 2012- Present
- Sports Consultant - Department of Sport and Recreation 2016-Present
- Manager - Club Development and Coaching WA Football Commission 2008-2016
- President - Bayswater Lacrosse Club 2008-2015
Whole Club Approach to Development
This session will assist clubs to implement systems and structures to ensure continual development of players and coaches within the club environment. Utilising the Club Coach Coordinator Program, Individual Coach Development Plans and the US Lacrosse Athlete Development Model to take the guess work out developing the future leaders of your club.
- Assistant Coach - 2018 Australian Lacrosse Team
- Head Coach - 2015 ASPAC Team
- Head Coach - WA Senior Men’s Team
- Head Coach - Bayswater Lacrosse Club 2008-Present
Utilising a Modern Approach to Maximise Training
Coaches will gain confidence to split the training group and direct quality reps for all their players in a dynamic training environment, that challenges players mentally and physically as they work on decision making, competitiveness and skill development.
- Assistant Coach - 2018 Australian Men's Team
- Australian Representative - 2010 World Games
- WA Senior State Team
Defenders, like goalies and face-off players seldom are given a strong set of drills to develop the key skills required to be a great defender.
This session will take you through a range of stick work, footwork, checking and shooting drills to develop dominant defenders for the club, state or international level.
- 20 years in the Women's AFL as both a player and coach
- 5 time All Australian, 4 Premierships
- Former WAFC Female Talent Academy Head Coach 2014 – 15
- Former East Fremantle Colts Assistant Coach 2016
- Current Collingwood FC AFLW Assistant Coach
- Current profession, Perth based Fire Firefighter (14 years)
Converting Athletes to Players and How to Fast Track Skill Development and Game Play
How to identify potential AFLW draftees, the selection process and the focus areas of development.
GET YOUR TICKETS HERE!