Nominations Are Now Open!
2014 Lacrosse Victoria Election
Lacrosse Victoria (LV) had opened nominations for the LV Board.
LV is looking for highly skilled candidates for 5 director roles including Secretary, Finance, and 3 Ordinary Directors. The deadline for nominations is Wednesday, 12 March.
An election kit has been developed by LV to help potential candidates and Affiliated Members (Clubs).
There are 5 documents that have been created to form an Election Kit with the assistance of vicsport through the Good Governance Project. The kit is aimed to help potential nominees decide if they would like to continue with their nomination for the LV Board by supplying the Board Role Description, Code of Conduct, and Induction Policy. To assist the clubs with their voting responsibilities, each nominee will complete a Nominee Profile. The kit as a whole will help both nominees and clubs, and it will be a substantial improvement in LV’s election process.
LV would like to welcome all possible nominees who have a passionate commitment to leading the growth of Lacrosse. However LV is also specifically seeking nominees who have experience or skills in the following areas: Project Management, Evaluation, Finance and Business, Governance, Communications and Marketing.
- Nomination Form – Please complete the form as per the detailed instructions. Return the form to the Returning Officer, Kelvin Minerds, by Wednesday, 12 March.
- Board Role Description – Describes the roles and responsibilities that are required of the LV Board.
- Board Code of Conduct – This document has been developed by the current Board. It outlines the behavioural expectations that the Board has committed to at the LV Board Induction.
- Board Induction Policy – The Board has developed this policy to make the process of becoming a board member more inclusive and accessible for all members of the community.
- Nominee Profile – This document allows each Nominee to share their experiences and skills in a structured format with the voting members of LV. All profiles will be distributed to the Affiliated Members to help determine the merit of each Nominee standing for the 2014 Election. Please complete the Nominee Profile in electronic format and return it with the signed Nomination Form to the Returning Officer.